Town Tour

The name Sinsa-dong is originated from Sinsa-ri that was made by combining the names of Saemal village and Sapyeong-ri that existed around the Han River. Formerly, Sinsa-dong was in Eonju-myeon, Gwangju-gun, Gyeonggi-do until the end of Joseon Period and was called as Sincheon and Sapyeong-ri. According to No. 111 of Joseon Governor General’s Order on March 1, 1914, it was named Sinsa-ri by incorporating Saemal, Dongsanmal, and Sapyeong at the demarcation of Gyeonggi area. Later on January 1, 1953, it was introduced to Seoul Metropolitan City and administered by the Eonju Branch Office in Seongdong-gu. As the name of Sapyeong-dong was changed to Sinsa-dong on May 18, 1970, it was administered by Yeongdong Branch Office in Seongdong-gu on July 1, 1973. On August 1, 1977, Nonhyeon-dong was divided and Apgujeong-dong was separated on July 1, 1980.



Dosan park
Address : 649-9 Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea
Homepage :
Tel No. : 02-543-2558
inform the friend of
facebook twitter me2day
Dosan park was created to be a model of citizens for edification of the people and great patriotism of Korea’s independence led by Dosan Ahn Chang Ho. On November 10th of 1973, the Seoul city moved the grave of Dosan from Manguri Cemetery to the Dosan park. At the same time, remains of his wife Lee Hae ryeong in Los Angeles was also brought here. The total area of Dosan park is 29.974㎡ and it has the grave of Dosan and his wife as well as Dosan Ahn Chang Ho Memorial Hall, bronze statue, monument, monumental sculpture, and others.
Hours : 10:00~16:30
Fee : Free
Holidays : Every Monday
the person in charge
samseong 1-dong Gu Aeja / 02-3423-7803
Apgujeong-dong Lee Jeong-wan / 02-3423-7603
Cheongdam-dong Kim Jongbeom / 02-3423-7704
Sinsa-dong Jeong Haeran / 02-3423-7303
Nonhyeon-dong Im jungbin / 02-3423-7403
Yeoksam 1-dong Kwak jisuk / 02-3423-8604
Daechi 1-dong Kim hyunhee / 02-3423-8303
Suseo 1-dong Choi eunhae / 02-3423-8553