Town Tour

Formerly, Samseong-dong was the area of Bongeunsa, Mudongdo, and Dakgeom in Eonju-myeon, Gwangju-gun, Gyeonggi-do until the end of Joseon Period. On March 1, 1914, which was the time under the Japanese imperial rule, the three natural villages of Bongeunsa, Mudongdo, and Dakgeom were incorporated according to No. 111 of Joseon Governor General’s Order. Since it was named as ‘Samseong-ri’ at the demarcation of Gyeonggi area, the place has been called as Samseong. Also, Bongeunsa is a temple of Jogye Order established by the National Preceptor Yeonhoe during the reign of King Wonseong of Silla Dynasty. Initially, its name was Gyeonseong Temple but after rebuilding of the temple according to the order of Queen Jeonghyeon of Joseon Period, its name was changed to Bongeunsa. Including the signboard written by the great writer Chusa, Seonbul Hall, and printing woodblocks, there are many relics in the temple.

Samseoung-dong

Korea Cultural Heritage Foundation
Address : 406, Bongeunsa-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea (Samseong-dong)
Homepage : http://www.chf.or.kr/chf/
Tel No. : 02-3011-2175
inform the friend of
facebook twitter me2day
There are 12 Gongbang (demonstration room of making handicraft) within the receiving center. These Gongbang provide spreading knowledge of important intangible cultural assets and to train the upcoming generations. In the permanent exhibition on the 2nd floor of Gongyaedong, works of function holders are exhibited, and special planned exhibition is held in the plan gallery on the 3rd floor.
Directions
10 minute walk from exit number 8 of Seolleung station, subway line number 2
list
the person in charge
samseong 1-dong Gu Aeja / 02-3423-7803
Apgujeong-dong Lee Jeong-wan / 02-3423-7603
Cheongdam-dong Kim Jongbeom / 02-3423-7704
Sinsa-dong Jeong Haeran / 02-3423-7303
Nonhyeon-dong Im jungbin / 02-3423-7403
Yeoksam 1-dong Kwak jisuk / 02-3423-8604
Daechi 1-dong Kim hyunhee / 02-3423-8303
Suseo 1-dong Choi eunhae / 02-3423-8553
/WEB-INF/jsp/egovframework/global/cts/CONTP003/view.jsp